If you are an Australian citizen, you can check covid-19 Vaccine Eligibility Check through the website. Department of Health of Australia launched web software to help you check Covid-19 Vaccine Eligibility. Here the detailed information about how to check eligibility of covid-19 vaccine in Australia. Read 4 Easy Steps to Check Covid-19 Vaccine Eligibility Check in Australia.
Table of Contents
- 1 Covid-19 Vaccine Eligibility Check-in Australian
- 2 Why Covid-19 Vaccine Eligibility Check need
- 3 How to Start Eligibly Check for Covid-19 Vaccine for Australia
- 4 Find a vaccination location
- 5 More information about Covid-19 Vaccine Eligibility Check in Australia
Covid-19 Vaccine Eligibility Check-in Australian
Covid-19 has become an epidemic in recent times. The whole world has been infected with this. In 2020 a lot of people in several countries had died from this. After a long time, some country has success in vaccine invention.
Some country already started to vaccinate their people to get rid of the Covid-19 (Corona) virus. Australia is one of the countries that already started with this.
Australian government initiated a Covid-19 Vaccine Eligibility Checker web tool. Before applying for vaccination, you have to check your eligibility using the tool. Use the COVID-19 vaccine eligibility checker to find out when you can receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
Why Covid-19 Vaccine Eligibility Check need
If you are an Australian Citizen or live in Australia you have to learn about the COVID-19 vaccination program phases and priority groups. It will help you to know when will you get a COVID-19 vaccine.
According to WHO world health organization guidelines, the Australian government started to make groups vaccinate people on a priority basis. Use the COVID-19 vaccine eligibility checker to find out when you can receive a COVID-19 vaccine.
You have to use this tool for checking your eligibility to get AstraZeneca vaccine dose and make an appointment for getting Covid-19 vaccine.
How to Start Eligibly Check for Covid-19 Vaccine for Australia
Here is the complete guideline for checking the Vaccine Eligibility of Australian citizen. Just keep reading this article to get details information about covid-19 Vaccine eligibility check and get the vaccine. You may more about this in the COVIDSafe App for Australian Citizen by health gov au Download
To checking your eligibility and book for vaccination follow the step given below. If any urgent need, you may contact in National coronavirus and COVID-19 vaccine helpline. Click here to get Contact details.
Step-1: Login to Vaccine Eligibility Check and book Appointment
To start your eligibility type https://covid-vaccine.healthdirect.gov.au/eligibility on your browser hit enter. The checking tools homepage will appear like below.
Click on start button to start Check to see if you are eligible or can book a COVID-19 vaccination yet. You can do this for yourself or your friends or other family member and anyone else.
Step-2: Answer the Questions
To check your eligibility you have to answer some question given on the portal. By analyzing your answer the tool will automatically suggest your next doing.
Question-1: What is your age now?
Write your actual age in answer box and press the next button to go forward.
Question-2: Which state or territory are you in?
Choose you state or territory from the dropdown menu and hit next.
Question-4: Do you work in one of the following industries?
If you work in Quarantine and border workers or Frontline healthcare workers, Choose the industry from the list if you work with them. You will need to provide proof of occupation to demonstrate your eligibility before you receive your vaccination.
Step-3: Know the result and Book Appointment for Covid-19 vaccine.
By analyzing your information you gave them, They will inform you that you are eligible or not receive a vaccination. If you are eligible it will show you the message like below.
You are now eligible to receive a COVID-19 vaccine. Based on your age, the Pfizer vaccine is recommended for you.
Queensland Health is committed to ensuring all eligible people living in Queensland have the opportunity to receive their COVID-19 vaccination.
If you wish to make a booking for covid-19 vaccine, click on the booking button.
Step-4: Book an Appointment for getting Covid-19 Vaccine program in Australia
When you click on Book Now Button it will redirect you Vaccine Clinic Finder.
The portal will suggest you nearby clinic where you can get your vaccine. You can sort the list nearest or earliest available. To get detailed information just click on the More Info Button beside the clinic name. If you can’t find an appointment or a clinic in your location, please check back in a week.
When you click on the More Info Button it show the detail information about clinic. It help you know the service, location, timetable of the clinic.
Step-4: Register for COVID-19 vaccination
You will be redirected to Register for COVID-19 vaccination portal by the Australian government by clicking the Make a Booking button.
Register your interest to receive a vaccination. We will be in contact with you when appointments become available.
Special note your booking confirmation email will come from email@example.com, If you have concerns or questions about your booking or confirmation, call 134 COVID (134 268)
Find a vaccination location
When you get suggestions in Check Covid-19 Vaccine Eligibility Check in Australia You can book an appointment by registering online. As soon as appointments are available you’ll be contacted by email to make a booking at the location of your preference.
Allow around 45 mins for your appointment. This allows time for your patient screening, the actual vaccination, and observation after the injection. Read more about what to expect at your COVID-19 vaccination.
Walk-ins are welcome, however people with a booking will be given priority. You can book an appointment by registering online by the Covid-19 Vaccine Eligibility Check portal. If you have difficulties with registering please call 134 COVID (13 42 68).
- The vaccine will be given as an injection, into your upper arm muscle. If possible, wear a short-sleeve shirt.
- You must bring the following to your COVID-19 vaccination appointment:
- Photo ID
- Your Medicare card, if you have one
- Employee ID or other proof of critical worker eligibility if relevant
- Information about any of your medical conditions and medications you are taking
- Information about any vaccine you have had in the past 14 days
- Information about any previous COVID-19 vaccine you may have been given (the brand and date it was given to you).
- When you get to your appointment you must let your immunization provider know if you:
- Have any severe allergies, particularly anaphylaxis (to anything), or carry or have been prescribed an adrenaline autoinjector (e.g. EpiPen™).
- Had a reaction to a vaccine in the past or ingredients of vaccines
- Have any bleeding issues or are receiving anticoagulant therapy (a blood thinner)
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Have any respiratory symptoms
- Have received another COVID-19 vaccine
- Have received any vaccine in the last 14 days
- You must remain in the vaccination clinic for observation for at least 15 minutes after vaccination in case an allergic reaction occurs. If you have a history of severe allergy you will be asked to wait in the clinic for 30 minutes.
You should not attend a COVID-19 vaccination appointment if you-
- Are unwell with fever, cough, runny nose, or other symptoms that could be from COVID-19
- Are awaiting COVID-19 test results
- Have tested positive with COVID-19 and you are in isolation
- Are in quarantine
- Are you in close contact with someone with COVID-19
If you have had another vaccine in the 14 days before your COVID-19 vaccine appointment, tell your immunisation provider. Your immunisation provider may ask you to reschedule your appointment.
More information about Covid-19 Vaccine Eligibility Check in Australia
Call 134 COVID (13 42 68) 24 hours, 7 days a week for:
- information on the vaccine
- assistance with vaccination bookings or appointment inquiries
- for help understanding this information or to ask for an interpreter – it is free.
If you experience COVID-19 symptoms after being fully vaccinated, please get tested. If you experience COVID-19 symptoms between your doses and are not sure what to do, call your doctor or nearest testing clinic.
Do you know more about Covid-19 Vaccine Eligibility Check in Australia just contact with helpline? The article 4 Easy Steps to Check Covid-19 Vaccine Eligibility Check in Australia written by collecting data from the Australian Health Department website.
If you need information about COVID-19, COVID-19 vaccines, or help with the COVIDSafe app, call 1800 020 080. If you need assistance with booking a COVID-19 vaccine appointment, please note the call center is unable to book appointments on your behalf.
The Helpline can assist you to locate a vaccine clinic and provide you with contact information to make a booking. Note: call takers cannot make a booking on your behalf.